With summer just around the corner, air conditioners have become a significant aspect of people’s daily lives. When your air conditioner breaks down, you are bound to stress out about how to get it back up and running as soon as possible.
The team at McDonald Home Solutions are experts in air conditioning service in Santa Rosa. To help you out, we have made a step-by-step guide on what you should do if your air conditioner breaks down.
Causes for AC Breakdown
There are many reasons why your air conditioner may break down. Some common reasons are:
- Your air conditioner may have passed its expected lifespan.
- Dirty air filters can prevent air flow and stop air from moving.
- Dirty coils and fans can prevent the air from flowing through the system
- Leaking refrigerant makes your air conditioner work harder than it needs to
Leave the System as It Is
If your air conditioner has broken down, the first thing you need to do is let the system be. A breakdown often causes frustration and may tempt you to identify and fix the issue yourself. However, that job is best left to AC service experts who can quickly and efficiently repair your AC unit.
Testing out things or pushing down random buttons will likely not improve your air conditioner’s state. Instead, it can create further problems and worsen the issue. Therefore, the first thing you should do is call up a technician.
A professional is fit to analyze what the problem is and fix it for you. Moreover, they will use their expertise to let you know if your unit can be repaired or if you need to consider replacement. You should also remember that leaving the unit alone will help the professional determine the initial cause of the breakdown.
Search for a New System
Once you’ve been advised onifyou need to consider replacing your unit, you should start searching for new air conditioning systems. Discuss your needs with an experienced AC service AC service like McDonald Home Solutions who can help you determine the best AC unit for your home and needs.
Below are some tips that can help you figure out the best air conditioning unit for your home.
- Go for an air conditioner that is energy efficient.
- Determine what size you need. The size of your home impacts the power your unit needs.
- Consider the type of technology your air conditioner offers as newer models tend to have longer lifespans.
Follow Proper Steps to Avoid Breakdowns
Now you know what you should do if your air conditioner breaks down and why it might be breaking down. To help you prevent any further issues, we have compiled a list of tips to keep your AC unit in great shape.
- Keep your air conditioner clean.
- Replace the filters frequently.
- Keep your air vents open.
- Have AC service professionals perform routine maintenance. At least once per year.
- Have any issues you notice checked out immediately.
- Replace your air conditioner when it has reached the end of its service life.
- Make sure to program your thermostat.
Looking for AC service in Santa Rosa? We are here to help you! McDonald Home Solutionslooks after all your air conditioner needs, be it service, installation, or replacement. Contact us at (707) 284-1039 to schedule an estimate!